The following guide describes how to install the Event Management app for Office 365.In this article:
You are a Global or a SharePoint administrator in your Office 365 tenancy. If this is not the case, please forward these instructions to your SharePoint administrator.
Install the add-in
Step 1: Download the package
Here you can download the package: Sapiens.at.SharePoint.EVM.package.zip.
Download and unzip the package to a local folder.
The package contains two add-ins, SharePoint.Sapiens.EVM.app and sapiens.at.sharepoint.modernui.sppkg. Both add-ins have to be installed.
The add-ins currently contain English (US), German, French and Dutch language resources. If you prefer to have British-English or Australian-English resources use the add-ins in the en-GB or en-AU folder.
Step 2: Open/Create an App Catalog site
- Sign in to Office 365 with your SharePoint Online admin account
- Open the SharePoint Admin Center, click on Show All and then on SharePoint
- Click on More features on the left and click on Open in the Apps section
- Click on App Catalog
This will open the app catalog site, in case you already have one. If not, please continue with 5.
- Select Create a new app catalog site, and then click OK.
- On the Create App Catalog Site Collection page, enter the required information, and then click OK.
Note: It can take a few minutes to create the app catalog site. Once the app catalog site is created, you can open it if you click on the App Catalog link again.
Step 3: Add both add-ins to the App Catalog
You can now upload both add-ins to the app catalog.
- Open the app catalog and click on Apps for SharePoint on the left.
- Click on Upload and browse to the folder that contains the add-ins, select the file SharePoint.Sapiens.EVM.app and click Open.
- Click on OK
- After the upload is completed successfully, you should see the app in the app catalog.
- Click on Upload again, browse to the same folder, select the file sapiens.at.sharepoint.modernui.sppkg and click Open.
- Click on OK
After the upload is completed successfully, you will be prompted to deploy the solution. Click on Deploy.
Important: You should see that the add-in is Deployed.
If this is not the case, please select the add-in and click on Deploy.
If the add-in still does not show up as deployed and if you see a ‘Deployment failed…’ error in the column ‘App Package Error Message’, please make sure you are added to the site collection administrators in the app catalog site. Learn more
Step 4: Install both add-ins for users
Now you can install both add-ins on a SharePoint site
- Open the SharePoint site where you want to install the add-ins and click on Site Contents. We recommend that you use the add-in on a new SharePoint site.
- Click on New/App.
- Click on From Your Organization and click on the add-in SharePoint|sapiens Event Management
- Click on Trust It
- Click on New/App again.
- Click on From Your Organization and click on the add-in SharePoint|sapiens Modern User Interface
Step 5: Verify
In Site Contents you should see two add-ins installed: SharePoint|sapiens Event Management and SharePoint|sapiens Modern User Interface.
Step 6: Continue with the configuration
If both apps are successfully installed, click on the SharePoint|sapiens Event Management add-in and continue with the configuration.
Learn more about configuring the add-in in the configuration guide.
Update both add-ins
Please check the release notes for updates. To update both add-ins, download the latest version (Sapiens.at.SharePoint.EVM.package.zip), unzip the package to a local folder and upload both add-ins (SharePoint.Sapiens.EVM.app and sapiens.at.sharepoint.modernui.sppkg) to the app catalog (Step 3). If you upload the file sapiens.at.sharepoint.modernui.sppkg, you also have to click on Deploy.
If you now view ‘About the add-in’ in site contents of your SharePoint site, you can get the latest version of the add-in. Make sure you update both add-ins (SharePoint|sapiens Event Management and SharePoint|sapiens Modern User Interface). If the ‘Get it’ button is not enabled, the update is not necessary, the latest version has already been installed on this SharePoint site.
Important: Please also click on the ‘SharePoint|sapiens Event Management’ add-in in site contents, click on ‘Configure’ and save the settings again.
Uninstall both add-ins
If you also want to delete the lists created by the add-in, please delete all items from these lists before uninstalling the add-in. If all lists are empty, the lists, content types and columns created by the add-in will also be removed during uninstall.
To uninstall both add-ins, open site contents and remove both add-ins (SharePoint|sapiens Event Management and SharePoint|sapiens Modern User Interface).
Also open the app catalog site and delete both add-ins (SharePoint.Sapiens.EVM.app and sapiens.at.sharepoint.modernui.sppkg) in the library ‘Apps for SharePoint’.