In this article, we will show you how to send e-mail notifications or calendar invitation and how to prevent sending e-mail updates to attendees. Organizers can decide if they want to send calendar invitations, regular email notifications or do not send invitations at all for their events. We’ll show you how organizers can prevent emails from being sent when updating an event.
Make sure you have the app SharePoint|sapiens Modern User Interface version 126.96.36.199 or higher installed. Here you can download the latest version. After installing the new version, open the Site Contents view on your SharePoint site, click on the app SharePoint|sapiens Event Management, click on Change Settings and save the settings again.
Prevent Emails versus Send Emails columns in SharePoint|sapiens Event Management app
In our SharePoint|sapiens Event Management app, there are two columns available to manage calendar and e-mail notification for your upcoming events.
Prevent E-Mails: is a Yes/No check box column and it allows organizers to deactivate the e-mail and/or calendar notification temporarily during the update. By default, enrolled users will receive an update whenever you change the event title, location, start or end time, or any other column you have configured in your invitation template. You can prevent the app from sending these updates, if you set Prevent E-Mails to Yes. The check box is set to No by default. As a result, it will always auto-reset to No every time the form is saved.
Send Emails Column: is a choice column. It allows you to manage the notification for this one event permanently. Once selected, your preferred option will remain until you actively modify the choice.
You can choose between three options:
- Do not send e-mails: users do not receive any notifications at all.
- Send e-mail notifications: users receive e-mail notifications including a link enabling them to see the event in SharePoint.
- Send calendar invitations: users receive a notification in the form of a calendar invitation. The event will then show up in the user’s Outlook calendar.
Add the column(s) to your event form
Once you created your event select Edit on the top left-hand corner and on Edit Form on the in the top right-hand corner. You can also click on Edit Form directly when creating a new event.
Click on the + sign and add the columns of your choice (or both depending on your needs).
Once added, save the form by clicking on Save Form Changes. Select Save for all items to make sure the column(s) are visible in the event form by default.
Results & usage
Now that you added the columns you are able to:
- Prevent E-mails: Temporarily deactivate a notification. If you are making changes in a form and you do not want to inform your user about it, set the Prevent E-mails button to yes. Note that the button will be reset to No each time the form is saved.
- Send E-Mails: Decide if and which type of notification to send to users for this event by using the Send E-Mails column. Note that this option will remain active until changed by the organizer.
We hope it helps you to better filter the notification users receive. Let us know if you have any questions and reach out to us to [email protected]. We are happy to assist you!