This article will show you how you can use our List View or Events web part to display lists and views, like upcoming events, from your Employee Training Management site on other SharePoint sites (e.g. your intranet, company news, etc.). This will enable you to share consistent and updated information throughout your sites to users within your organization.
To use the List View or Events web part on other sites make sure to add the SharePoint|sapiens Modern User Interface app on each of them. For this, go to the Site Contents view of the SharePoint website, click on New and select App.
Search for SharePoint|sapiens Modern User Interface app in the search bar and click on Add
Add the web part List view or event throughout your SharePoint sites and on your intranet
Once the SharePoint|sapiens Modern User Interface app is installed, open the page where you want to show the training events, click on the Edit button on the top right hand side.
To add a web part, select the section where you would like it to appear, click on the + and add the web part List view or events (use the search bar if it does not appear in the frequently used).
Configure the web part
Once the web part is added, following information have to be entered to configure the view:
1) select the source Enter site.
2) enter the URL of your Employee Training Management site.
3) choose the list which should be shown.
4) select the view.
5) here you can customize how the view should be displayed (We recommend the Events – Compact view to show events).
6) here you can customize what form/page to open when users click on the event (We recommend Event Details (Customizable) for end users).
7) set the maximum number of items to show. More items can be viewed by click on Next below the last event.
8) select Display a search box if you would like users to be able to search for events.
9) it is also possible to use audience targeting (to learn more on this, check our article).
Click on Republish once you configured the web part.
We hope it helps you to share consistent and updated information throughout your sites to your users. Let us know if you have any questions and reach out to us at [email protected].We are happy to assist you!