The following guide describes how to install the Employee Training Management app for Office 365.In this article:
Install the add-in
Step 1: Download the add-in
Here you can download the add-in: Sapiens.at.SharePoint.ETM.package.zip.
Download and unzip the add-in to a local folder.
The app currently contains English (US), German, French and Dutch language resources. If you prefer to have British-English or Australian-English resources use the app in the en-GB or en-AU folder.
Step 2: Create an App Catalog site
You can skip this section if you already created an app catalog site.
- Sign in to Office 365 with your SharePoint Online admin account
- Open the SharePoint Admin Center
- Click on Apps on the left and select App Catalog
- Select Create a new app catalog site, and then click OK.
- On the Create App Catalog Site Collection page, enter the required information, and then click OK.
Now if you click on Apps/App Catalog in the SharePoint admin center, you can open the app catalog or click on site collections to view the newly created app catalog site.
Step 3: Add the add-in to the App Catalog
You can now upload the add-in to the app catalog.
- Open the app catalog and click on Apps for SharePoint on the left.
- Click on Upload and browse to the folder that contains the add-in, select the file SharePoint.Sapiens.ETM.app and click Open.
- Click on OK
If you want to use the add-in on a modern SharePoint site, also upload the SharePoint|sapiens Modern User Interface add-in to the app catalog in addition to the SharePoint.Sapiens.ETM.app package. Both apps have to be installed.
- In the app catalog, click on Upload and browse to the folder that contains the add-in, select the file sapiens.at.sharepoint.modernui.sppkg and click Open.
- Click on OK
- Click on Trust It
Step 4: Install the add-in for users
Now you can install the add-in in a SharePoint site
- Open the SharePoint site and click on Site Contents. We recommend that you use the add-in on a new SharePoint site.
- Click on add an app and select SharePoint|sapiens Employee Training Management
- Click on Trust It
If you want to use the add-in on a modern SharePoint site, also add the SharePoint|sapiens Modern User Interface add-in to your site in addition to the SharePoint.Sapiens.ETM.app package. Both apps have to be installed.
- Open the SharePoint site and click on Site Contents.
- Click on add an app and select SharePoint|sapiens Modern User Interface
Learn more about configuring the add-in in the configuration guide.
Update the add-in
Please check the release notes for updates. To update the add-in, download the latest version (Sapiens.at.SharePoint.ETM.app.zip), unzip the add-in to a local folder and upload it to the app catalog (Step 3). This will replace the add-in in the app catalog.
If you now view ‘About the add-in’ in site contents of your SharePoint site, you can get the latest version of the add-in.
Please also click on the ‘SharePoint|sapiens Employee Training Management’ add-in in site contents, click on ‘Configure’ and save the settings again.
Uninstall the add-in
If you also want to delete the lists created by the add-in, please delete all items from these lists before uninstalling the add-in. If all lists are empty, the lists, content types and columns created by the add-in will also be removed during uninstall.
To uninstall the add-in, open site contents and remove the add-in.